Tony Pancake, PGA
Indiana Golf Foundation Board of Directors
2022 Board Member Committee Assignments
DEI (Diversity Equity Inclusion) Committee
Travis Brown, Josh Shelton, & Bob Elzer
Mike David, Autumn Strong
Internal assessment of our areas of influence and work to diversity.
- Work with First Tee National and their DEI Committee
- Identify ways to diversify board, parents/participants, and coaches/volunteers
- Review board made up with Governance Committee
Autumn Strong, Mike David
Work to make the financial reporting process more efficient and relevant. Also work on investment policies and monitor investments.
- Review current financial reports and recommend changes
- Review current financial status and recommend investment options
Gina Giacone, Thad Miller, & Tony Pancake
Mike David, Autumn Strong
Responsible for ongoing review and recommendations to enhance the quality and future viability of the board of directors.
- Regularly asses board effectiveness, roles and responsibilities.
- Designs and oversees a process of board orientation.
- Quarterly initiates an assessment of the board's performance as a whole and individually. Provides counsel to the board president and other leaders on steps they might take to enhance board effectiveness.
- Takes the lead in succession planning, taking steps to recruit and prepare future board members.
Major Gifts Committee
Steve Baker, Thad Miller, Tina Burks, & Jack Barber Staff: Autumn Strong
Identify major gift opportunities. Work on engaging board in recognizing major gift prospects. Review current donor lists to target larger gift prospects.
- Review current donor list provided by staff to target consistent giving and potential major donors.
- Engage board in recognizing major gift prospects. Review and strategize with open pledge reports. Develop plan for introductions
- Strategize and develop ways to cultivate relationships prior to solicitation. Engage board in various campaigns
Identify ways to show gratitude and appreciation to our donors.
- Think of gifts that show impact.
- Think of recognition ideas- events, naming, etc.
- Identify, as donors, what you like and do not like with acknowledgment. Develop strategy for 4th year of a pledge.
- Think about retention plan for donors of all levels. Review annual gift ideas for Youth Partner levels. Identify handwritten thank you opportunities.
Lisa Wallace, Lynne Damer, Bill Bremner, & JoJo Gentry
Mike David, Kelly Churney, & Autumn Strong
Look for ways to promote the various programs that The Foundation and First Tee are offering
- Work alongside staff for campaigns and outreach.
- Strong social media presence-share, like, comment.
- Approve major marketing materials created by staff.
Pros 4 Kids
Patrick Dodson/Mark Nance Members:
Organize and conduct annual Indiana Golf Charities Day
- Reach out to professionals for participation.
- Develop strategy for awareness at the annual spring meeting. Obtain donated gifts for day of event awards.
William Barkimer, & Charlie Schuyler
Taylor Haudek, Mike David, Autumn Strong
Responsible for ongoing volunteer recruitment for the greater Indianapolis First Tee program location.
- Regularly assess the need for volunteers and communicate directly with our Director of First Tee Operations.
- Manage the quality and commitment of our volunteers.
- Make sure all volunteers are in compliance with the opportunities and qualifications laid out in the handbook.
- Support The First Tee Operations Director with volunteer stewardship including any additional engagement activities or events.
Youth Partner Program Committee
Chair: Hope Oaks
Members: William Barkimer
Staff: Autumn Strong
Description: Work to grow our corporate support through the Youth Partner Program Corporate.
- Identify potential new Youth Partners.
- Make introductions to potential Youth Partners. Monitor renewal for past Youth Partners
- Staff is responsible to timing of invoicing and making sure