Back To News

Mike David to Play 164 Holes

April 22nd, 2010

For the eighth time in the last nine years, Mike David, Executive Director of the Indiana Golf Office, will be playing 164 holes with Todd DeHaven, PGA, as part of the Indiana Golf Foundation's 2010 Indiana Golf Charities Day. David and DeHaven will play Shadowood Golf Course in Seymour on June 1, and simultaneously, 35 other Indiana PGA Professionals will be playing at other courses throughout the state in order to raise money for charity.

The Golf Charities Day initiative is a new event created by the Foundation to benefit junior golf as well as other local charities in Indiana with various missions. Each participant in the event can select a local charity to receive 30 percent of the donations, with the other 70 percent going to the IGF.

David has selected the Franklin Boys and Girls Club as well as a mission trip to El Salvador to receive the 30 percent of donations that he raises. In 2008 he was able to raise over $7,900, and his goal in 2010 is $10,000.

All contributions are 100% tax deductible.

If you are interested in supporting David's marathon, email him at mdavid@indianagolf.org with your pledge, or call (800) 779-7271 ext. 227.