- 6-1. During a stipulated round, for any breach of a Rule by his caddie, the player incurs the applicable penalty.
- 8-2b. If indicating line of putt, do not touch the putting green with a club, foot, flagstick, finger, etc. (Penalty: Loss of Hole in Match Play, 2 Strokes in Stroke Play)
- 13-2. Do not improve a player’s lie, area of intended stance, swing or line of play by holding, removing, pressing down or bending branches, boundary markers, sand, soil, replaced divots or immovable obstructions. (Penalty: Loss of Hole in Match Play, 2 Strokes in Stroke Play)
- 13-4. Do not rake any area in the bunker where the player’s ball lies until after the player makes the stroke. (Penalty: Loss of Hole in Match Play, 2 Strokes in Stroke Play)
- 1-2, 19-2. Avoid accidentally (Penalty: 1 stroke) or purposely (Penalty: Loss of Hole in Match Play, 2 Strokes in Stroke Play) stopping or deflecting your player’s ball in motion. Do not let your player’s ball hit you or the equipment while in motion.
- 14-2. While your player is making a stroke, do not lend physical assistance or provide protection from the elements (e.g. wind, rain, sun). Do not position yourself on or close to an extension of the line of play or the line of putt behind the ball. (Penalty: Loss of Hole in Match Play, 2 Strokes in Stroke Play)
- Arrive at the first tee 10 minutes early.
- Advise player if bag contains more than 14 clubs.
- Include towel, wetting one end, for use in cleaning balls and clubheads.
- Bring umbrella and extra towel when necessary.
- Arrive at player’s ball before the player and get yardage.
- Retrieve and replace divots.
- Rake bunkers evenly and completely, exiting at the low end. If available, offer to help do this for other players in the group to speed up play.
- Hand player putter as soon as ball is on putting green.
- Be prepared to attend flagstick. May need to for other players in group too.
- Remove and replace flagstick gently.
- Do not touch any player’s ball in play without that player’s authority.
- Offer input to player such as club choice or line of putt only when asked.
- Stand still and hold clubs still while players play their strokes. Remain quiet while other players hit.
- Stay clear of player’s line of sight.
- Stand and place the bag to the ball side of the player – not directly in front of or behind the player.
- Caddies must walk at all times during a stipulated round at the Women’s Open and State Amateur. (Penalty: 2 strokes for each hole where breach occurred, max 4)
- A player and caddie using a cart may not allow spectators to ride in the cart at the Women’s Open and State Amateur. (Penalty: 2 strokes for each hole where breach occurred, max 4).
Use of any
unauthorized form of transportation must be discontinued immediately upon
discovery that a breach has occurred. Otherwise, the player is disqualified.