Back To News

Indiana Golf Charities Day

February 16th, 2010

Members of the Indiana Section PGA are teaming up to promote junior golf through the Indiana Golf Foundation and to support local charities in their home state in an innovative way in 2010. Over 20 Professionals have agreed to participate in an “Indiana Golf Charities Day” during the week of June 14-20, 2010, including Denny Dennis – Bloomington CC, Todd Firestone – Fort Wayne CC, Nick Marucci – Tippecanoe Lake CC, Ryan Ford – Pleasant Run GC, Jeff Smith – Harrison Lake CC, Scott Heger – Wood Wind GC, Jon Hoover – Wood Wind GC, Dan Ross – Birck Boilermaker GC, Jack Barber – Meridian Hills CC, Joe Scott – Meridian Hills CC, Mike Bembenick – Meridian Hills CC, Megan Andress – Meridian Hills CC, Tony Pancake – Crooked Stick GC, Patrick White – Crooked Stick GC, Roger Lundy – Gongaware Academy, Kyle Bloom – Hillcrest CC, Matt Funkhouser – Glendarin Hills GC, Anthony Andrews – Coyote Creek GC, and Chad Cockerham – Otter Creek GC. Amateurs and juniors are also welcome to participate in this fundraising event.

 

Participants will accept tax deductible donations and secure pledges based on holes played, birdies made, and subpar rounds for example, and 70 percent of all money raised will go to the Indiana Golf Foundation to support the Pepsi Junior Program, Gongaware Academy, and various scholarship programs. The remaining 30 percent will go to a local charity of the participant’s choice. Actual formats of the fundraising events will vary and are at the option of the participant. Options include a 100+ hole playing marathon, teaching marathon or taking a percentage of greens fees. 

 

The Indiana Golf Office, which is the administrative body for both the Indiana PGA and the Indiana Golf Foundation, will provide PGA Member volunteers with marketing and promotional support, accounting form assistance, and format development to ensure the success of their endeavor.

 

The goal for the 2010 inaugural year is to raise $100,000 total for the Foundation and various local charities throughout the state.